Monday, August 26, 2013

Kiki in French

The first week of adaptation was fun, and I met a lot of new people:

  • 3 girls from Houston, Texas that went to my dad's middle school ;)
  • 2 boys from Vietnam and they are Australian. 
  • 1 boy, Ellie's age, from Cape Cod, Massachusetts. 
  • 1 girl who is also Ellie's age. She is Ellie's good friend and is from Milan, Italy but lived for a few years in Germany. 
  • 1 boy from Brooklyn, New York. His mom is French.
  • 1 boy from Czech Republic named Vashak but it's to hard to pronounce so everyone calls him Checky. 
  • 1 boy from France and Montana. His dad is French.
  • 1 boy from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. His dad is French.
  • 2 girls from Belgium but lived in Ireland. 
  • 1 girl from Singapore and she is British, Korean, and Danish. 
  • 2 boys Ellie and my age from North Carolina. Their mom is from New Zealand.
  • 1 boy from Beijing, China. 
  • And last of all, a girl from Russia. 
I learned a LOT of new french and can now count to 40 after 2 days.  One unusual word I learned was from the head adaptation teacher from Britain. She said that Kiki means "a little boy's willie" so I am now going by Caleigh, at school. However, Declan's name also means decline in French, and lucky Ellie, it doesn't mean anything. Just Ellie. :)

-Kiki

No comments:

Post a Comment